Thursday, August 14, 2008

Indianapolis

So, here I am in Indianapolis, home of the turncoat Baltimore Colts and the greatest spectacle in racing, Danika Patrick's legs. It is actually a pretty nice place. I could live here. Close in to downtown, there are some fantastic older homes on large lots that I would love to have.

I got a chance to run down south of here and meet up with my buddy, Jodi aka Hoosier Girl. It's always fun to meet bloggers in person and she was no exception. We had a great conversation (nothing sexy-lol). It was a real pleasure and I hope to have another opportunity to visit with her.

Back to Denver this afternoon. Turbulence forcast for the entire US is light to moderate at most altitudes so I will get the airport early and down a pint of Jack Daniels to get ready to fly. That way, I will only puke in my seatmate's lap instead of runnning up and down the aisle screaming and trying to break into the cockpit. See you on the ground.

8 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Hope you have an uneventful flight, I have heard that Indy is quite nice!

Sushiboy said...

Which part of Indy were you in? North South East West? I have spent some time there. Mostly on the SE side but I got out to the Speedway on the west side a few times. I actually ran a half marathon through downtown Indy, out to the speedway (and on the track, I actually was racing at the brickyard) and back down town, that was many years ago. Just driving that route would make me tired today.

Jodi said...

It was great to meet you, too. I will e-mail you the pictures!

You could make money with those hugs! (har, har)

J.

Jodi said...

And of course, Sushiboy mentions Indianapolis NOT how he has had the pleasure of meeting me, too! Figures.

J.

Special K said...

ahem.

?

Anonymous said...

Dave, will you bring me back a pair of those little airplane wings?

Just Dave said...

SD, the flight wasn't as bad as anticipated. One of my kidneys is still attached after the paintshaker ride into Denver.

Sushiboy, I was on the north side of town but got to see a lot of downtown as that is where my business was conducted. Very nice downtown area.

Jodi, I would never sell my hugs. They are a free benefit to all womankind - lol.

Kim, watch your e-mail. I definitely want to meet you when I have more time. I will be Kentucky in October.

Midleah, the airlines don't hand out anything free anymore. Those little wings are probably $14.95 now.

Sushiboy said...

Well Jodi, I thought I would let dave mention the delights of meeting you.