Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, as it turned out, I do have a little down time today. This place is nowhere near Mouseland. It is directly adjacent to Universal Studios Islands of Mystery, etc. I can see the rides and stuff out my hotel window but the building is well enough insulated that I can't hear the screams.

The tiny bit of child that is still alive in me wants to rush over there and ride everything I see. I don't really like roller coasters or anything that takes you high and drops you fast but I can't help but feel a little wistful as I think of days of yore when I would kill to go someplace like that. Getting older has it privledges but it can be a bitch, too. I hope all of you with younger children can take them someplace like this before they get too old to be seen with Mom and Dad. I know that it costs an arm and a leg but I think that the memories may be worth it.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I will get right on that fantasy vacation. Can you loan me "an arm and a leg"? ha, ha.

Hope you're having fun!

J.

Anonymous said...

Since I grew up in California, we spent a lot of summers at Disneyland, rather than Disney World. I have yet to see it.

We'll be going as soon as "you must be this tall to ride" stops being an issue.

For my son, that is. I don't think I'm hitting any growth spurts at 38.

morgetron said...

We are taking our kids to Adventureland this summer. My youngest wants to go to Disneyland soooo badly, but we are definitely on the Des Moines IA budget.

What do you do that affords you such travels. Do you like it, or do you miss home? I would love it, if I didn't have kids, but I would miss them too much right now. Some day I want to be a constant traveler though, when I'm older ...

:)

morgetron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Dave said...

Morgy, I am VP of business development for a major insurance company, specializing in contractors. I am supposed to be drumming up new business so the poor suckers that bought our stock will get their dividends. I do enjoy it, especially now that the kids are grown, but it does get old being away so much. My wife and I say that we rarely fight anymore since we are always kissing each other hello or goodbye.

Nothing wrong with Adventureland. I just like to see kids get the chance to experience a theme park. If I was maga-rich, I would send tons of poor kids to Sea World, which is, to me, the alpha and omega of theme parks. I'll take dolphins and orcas over roller coasters any time.