Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Moving On

Well, here I am in Oklahoma City today. At least, I think I am still in Oklahoma City. The way the wind is blowing outside, I may be in Iowa by now. I haven't seen any corn as high as an elephant's eye but the locals insist that it exists.

I went by the monument that is outside the Murrah Federal Center to those who died as a result of Timothy McVeigh's bombing. It is very serene and peaceful. So many children were killed in that attack. I can still see the news photo of the fireman carrying an injured baby that died in his arms. McVeigh got exactly what he deserved.

I go home tomorrow and get to stay for a whole week. Hurray!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I agree with you, McVeigh did get what he deserved. Some images stay with you forever, the Oklahoma bombing is one of those for me.

Have a safe trip home!

Just Dave said...

Thanks, I got home just in time for a giant snow storm in Denver, which was still better than the hail in Oklahoma.

e.Craig Crawford said...

Gee .. I miss the snow. It's a good thing I have so many spring blooms to console me. ;-)

Just Dave said...

If I get to missing snow, all I have to do is drive about 60 miles northwest of Denver to St. Mary's Glacier. Snow and skiing all year round.