Friday, January 04, 2008

Tagged, I am

That special person, Kim tagged me for no good reason, as did that intrepid toro muncher, Sushiboy. The rules are:

Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okey-dokey, let's see:

1. Like SK, I won the award for best juvenile actor for my potrayal of Billy in "Season in the Sun" with the Vagabond Players of Houston, TX. The year was 1956. I was 9. I still have the statue.
Thus was my 15 minutes.

2. I served in the Army National Guard in the 71st Airborne Battalion. To this day, I would still rather jump out of the plane rather than land, a fact that really pisses off flight attendents.

3. My great to the third power grandfather (paternal) signed the Texas Declaration of Independance, which really pissed off a whole bunch of Mexicans. Do you see a theme here?

4. My great to the fourth power grandfather(paternal) fought in the Revolutionary War which pissed off enough Brits that they captured him and held him prisoner in Quebec until the war was over. I guess my family just generally pisses people off.

5. I met George W. Bush in Texas when he was running for Congress. When I think that I had the chance to tell him to try selling life insurance instead of politics, it keeps me awake at night.

6. I saw Janis Joplin in concert two weeks before she died. When I heard the news, I cried.

7. Gray Goose vodka is the only French product I allow in the house. And I allow a lot of it.

Sorry, every blogger I feel comfortable tagging has already been tagged. So deal with it.

Ok, Hoosiergirl has now been tagged. My oversight.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You don't feel comfortable tagging ME? I'm hurt.

Great facts, though. Interesting.

J.

Scarlet said...

#3, #4, #5 & #6, gee, your family has the long finger of death, deception and destruction associated with it at many points in history. No wonder #6 is so important.

SkylersDad said...

Nice answers! You don't piss me off at all, but I am usually numb from being over medicated.

Just Dave said...

HG, I'm so sorry. See your comments on your latest post.

Yeah, we are a hard luck bunch, all right.

I'm glad to hear that SK but you Boulder County folks are pretty mellow.

Special K said...

Great!

gotta pic of that statue?

Special K said...

Great!

gotta pic of that statue?