Wednesday, December 26, 2007

This Just In....

Recently discovered scrolls indicate that the tradition of giving gifts at Christmas was started by a group of Bethehem merchants around 65 CE as a way of extending the lucrative Hanukkah shopping season. It was thought that people would follow the example of the Magi and give gifts of gold, frankincense and myrhh. However, ancient inventory and sales records show that these items were far outstripped by sales of Billy Bass and various Chia figures.

And so it goes.

7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

The Ox and Lamb kept time to the Billy Bass!

Anonymous said...

I never got a Billy Bass for Christmas. Not even when I lived down south. I'm so grateful for that. Of course if I had (received one), I probably would just re-gift it.
To some other loser.

e.Craig Crawford said...

No slinky?

Just Dave said...

SD, I don't know about the Holy Family but you can bet them shepherds would love them some Billy Bass.

Dick, it would be hard to imagine anyone so gauche as to gift a cultured gentlemen like yourself with a Billy Bass

E. Craig, I'm sorry but you are just being silly. Everyone knows Slinky wasn't invented until 70 CE.

Special K said...

ROTFLMAO

My hero, Gil Grissom has a Billy Bass in his office.
For HIM it's endearing.....for everyone else....lame as hell.

Hugs Dave!

Just Dave said...

I would expect most lawyers in Alabama to have Billy on the wall and the Britney Chia figure on their bookcase. Hugs back at ya, sweetie. Have a great New Year.

Sushiboy said...

Sorry Dave, but you've been tagged.