Sunday, January 21, 2007

OK, So I Live Under a Rock

I just discovered a singer that channels Diane Washington, Billy Holiday and about three dozen others. Not bad considering she is 19 years old. Her name is Renee Olstead and she completely knocks my socks off. I could listen to her sing "Sunday Kind of Love" for hours. Yeah, yeah, I know, you guys are hip and have been listening to her for years but I am a musical caveman.

For a taste, go to www.reneeolstead.com . You won't be sorry. How come chicks like this don't show up on American Idol instead of the freak show they get now?

2 comments:

Special K said...

I had never heard of her either. That shouldn't make you feel any better, since I haven't been hip since 1999.
I visited the site and you have excellent taste!
Thanks!!

Just Dave said...

Thank you. It's always so nice to find a singer that doesn't scream incoherently and call it music. I doubt that Renee will get all the recognition she deserves in this day of hip-hop but I'm glad I found her at least and that you found her also.