Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

That's right, gentle reader. Just Dave got another job. Yes, it's in another city and yes, I took a 20% pay cut but that's OK. I can snack on dog biscuits (a good source of fiber). The other city part is a bit worrisome as we don't want to sell our Colorado house so Mrs. Dave and I will have to be apart for a while but, thanks to Wilber and Orville Wright, I can get home every few weeks as it's only a 2 hour flight to Houston, where I will be living in my mother-in-law's empty house. She lives with us in Colorado as she cannot take care of herself due to Alzheimers.

I feel very lucky to be getting a job while so many others are still losing theirs. I hope this whole mess gets straightened out soon so people can get back to work and keep their homes. In the meantime, I will be learning new stuff (any remarks about old dogs, etc. will be remembered for later retaliation) and trying to be worthy of the job.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Dave! Grats on the new job :)

Just Dave said...

Thanks, Midleah. It will be nice to get back to work. I've been looking for you on Twitter since you stopped blogging. Could I have your Twitter name? Thanks.

Sushiboy said...

Nice glad you found something. Sorry 'bout the pay cut. :(

Superwoman said...

Congrats? It's good to have a job, too bad about the pay cut and the other city but at least there is the extra house right?

Anonymous said...

I quit Twitter, too...that's why I kept my Blogger ID. :)

Jodi said...

Yay for the job. But boo to the move. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

((((HUGS))))

J.

Just Dave said...

Thanks, Sushi Boy and Supergirl. The pay cut is no big deal. It is far better than nothing. The other city part will be trying but we will endure. It won't be forever. Maybe Hoosier Girl can drop by every now and then for a big hug-lol,

Donna said...

That's awesome, Dave! Congrats! My husband was out of work for awhile this year, and it was truly frightening. I'm with you, I really, really hope this mess gets straightened out soon and people get back to work.

Good luck on your new job!

Just Dave said...

Thanks, RetroKitty. I was really worried because I am 62 and people don't want to hire someone then have them retire. Thank God my new boss recognizes that not everyone wants to retire fairly young.