Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Coda

In reference to the post "Redemption" below, Lawrence Trujillo was sentenced to 48 years in prison for the three murders he committed with his truck. He will be eligible for parole in 33 years. Frank Bingham is not so lucky. To quote from his statement at the sentencing, " I am no longer a husband. I am no longer a father. And I often feel that I am just a shell of the person that I was. I will not live as a victim but will move on one tiny step at a time". My thoughts and best wishes stay with him.

6 comments:

Special K said...

He will need prayers, broad shoulders, strong hands, love, and patience.
I read several of the articles on this story after reading your post. I think he'll be able to rebuild A life. He'll never be the same, but he seems to be a strong person.
Maybe that's why he was blessed with such happiness and strength; so he could survive this.
Who knows.

Sushiboy said...

Wow, that guy is 'the man'. He has the right attitude to pull him self out of the cespool of a situation he was landed in.

Superwoman said...

So sad. . . I've thought about this a lot and I think I could really get into MADD. I just can't believe how many people drive drunk when it is a totally preventable crime.

Just Dave said...

Cool, Superwoman. I think we need to start a new organization that combines best qualities of MADD, ELF and the vigilantes. We will station members outside randomly chosen bars. When we see someone leave that is clearly in no condition to drive, we tase them, wrap them in duct tape and leave them in their car to sober up. We can leave the windows up or down depending on the weather.

Zed said...

So sad. Poor man. He is indeed a broken shell.

I hope and pray he'll be able to rebuild his life in time. As tragic as this is, time truly is a healer.

Thanks for posting this, Dave.

Sushiboy said...

Oooh, Oooh, Can I tase the first one that says, "Don't Tase me Bro!",
We could call the organization, MADB, Mothers against Drunk Bastards.