Thursday, March 29, 2007

Read, Red, Read

Alrighty, then, on a lighter note, let's talk about books. I know that this blog gets all the traffic of Highway 50 through northern Nevada but I will still challenge the lonely and confused that wander here to tell us the last 6 books that you have read, including the one you are reading now. You can include as much or as little info as you wish. I picked 6 because it's not 5 and it's not 10 (my blog-I get to make the rules). Here goes:

1. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin (non-fiction) - I'm just reading this to suck up to Anne Altman.

2. Lisey's Story by Stephen King (fiction)

3. The Afghan by Frederick Forsythe (fiction) - Hint-not about a blanket for you knitting fans.

4. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson (non-fiction) - Anyone that lives in Chicago should read this book.

5. Jesus, Elvis and Coca-Cola by Kinky Freidman (fiction, I think but with Kinky, you never know)

6. We were Soldiers Once...And Young by Hal Moore (non-fiction) - I have a morbid fascination with the Vietnam war, having come very close to getting a free trip there in 1967.

So, whats about you? This is not a tag, just a way to have some fun, for me anyway.

7 comments:

anne altman said...

do books we've started and not finished count?
i recently started commuting again, so now i've more time to read:
-Chasing Daylight (almost done)
-The Tender Bar (almost done)
-Devil in the White City (finished)
-Girl Cook (just started)
-The Confederacy of Dunces (can't get through)

Just Dave said...

You can count anything you wish. Not many rules to this game.

Special K said...

The Da Vinci Code
Twilight Eyes
The Woman With The Alabastar Jar
The Face
The Case for Christ
Safety Engineering (humdinger!!)

Forgive me for my Dean Koontz addiction - He's a 'fornian'.

(I'm mostly stuck reading textbooks right now)

Teri said...

I need to make a list of my recent reads, I can't remember and since there has been so much going on at home, my brain is mush.

I'll come back with my list.

Teri said...

I'm not going with trying to remember the past few books I've read.

about two years ago I was really into the founding fathers. here's what I read:

George Washington
John Adams
John Quincy Adams
Thomas Jefferson
Benjamin Frankling

Still have to read Alexander Hamilton. This book is about 3 inches thick.

Just Dave said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. This Lincoln book I'm reading is a doorstop, too, but, I figure if I can wade through 800+pages of Clancy, I can do 550 pages of Lincoln.

Just Dave said...

Special K - that's what you get for being a scientist. My daughter is a maring biologist and no one will believe how much she gets tired of academia.