Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, the new job is working out just fine and I work with a great bunch of people. They believe in having fun at work and so do I so that works out well. I'm learning all about oil and gas operations. I figured I knew what oil looked like and I get gas all the time so I didn't have much to learn but I found out I was wrong. There is a lot to know so I am keeping busy. I'll keep plugging away.

I also get to go see agents where the oil is like Odessa, TX where only rich people have lawns. Lots of dirt but not much grass. They also have possibly the worst water in the civilized world. Natives don't notice but us furriners won't even brush our teeth with it. Oh, well.

5 comments:

Sushiboy said...

Is the water still aweful if it's been filtered?

Just Dave said...

Yep, filters don't seem to help much. It's been chlorinated, too.

Sushiboy said...

*shudder* Its probably a good thing you know what oil looks like now (heh) so you can tell if it's that or the abnormally dark water coming out of your tap. :)

Sans Pantaloons said...

I knew there was an opening for you somewhere Dave. I just didn't know it was three miles down. It is unfortunate you have to be parted from your Good Lady; there is always Skype or Video messenger et al, to keep in touch. I hope all continues well for you!

Jodi said...

Hey...I've been wondering about you, about how you're doing. I'm sorry you have to be on your own for awhile, but I'm so glad to hear you work with fun people. YOU are a fun person yourself!

Hugs from Indiana!
J.