Monday, June 29, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y, oh forget it..

Back from Orlando/Daytona. It was so hot down there. Ok, so it's my fault for going in June. Just like I go to Minnesota in February. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to make a buck. I stayed as far away from all the Disney/Universal Studios, etc. action as I could. If you go to Orlando and want to have some adult- type fun, go downtown around the Church Street Station. There is an area there that has a bunch of little shops, bars and restaurants that is a fun place. Pretty inexpensive, too.

I finally viewed that temple to the gods of NASCAR, Daytona International Speedway. That place is huge. Looking at the grandstands, I could just smell the rednecks slowing simmering in the sun. It just made me hotter. I gotta find someplace cool to go for a while.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You went to Orlando and DIDN'T go to Disney World? I would LOVE to go to Disney World.

You can come HERE. It's not that cool here, but I will meet you somewhere with air conditioning.

J.

SkylersDad said...

I have shared your Minnesota in February experience, and can honestly say I would rather do that than Florida in June.

Just Dave said...

HG-you do not want to go there in June with the temp almost 100 and 90% humidity.

SD - It is much easier to get warm that to cool off for me. Maybe I'm in male menupause.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather be too cold than too hot.

My theory is, you can always add layers, but you can't take off your skin.

Just Dave said...

Too true, no matter how much you would like to.

Anonymous said...

It is easier for me to get warm then to get cool.


RITA PIT

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step